Healthy Iced Coffee Drinks To Set Your Business Apart
Earlier this month we introduced some liquor-infused coffee drinks that will thrill your customers and set your business apart from your competitors. For businesses that don't have a liquor license or want to provide another alternative coffee drink to their patrons, we've put together some iced coffee options that also have healthy components.
Mint - Refreshing and Loaded with Nutrients
Full of Vitamin A and antioxidants, early research suggests mint might help improve memory, alertness, alleviate indigestion symptoms, and ease some stomach issues. Easy to grow and abundant at summertime farmers' markets, it's a refreshing additive to coffee drinks.
Mint Mojito Iced Coffee
- Add 2 teaspoons of sugar and 1/4 cup of mint leaves to a martini shaker. Muddle together. The mint should remain mostly whole.
- Add 1/4 cup heavy cream, 1 cup cold-brewed coffee or chilled espresso, and 1 cup ice cubes.
- Secure the top on the shaker and shake with enthusiasm for about 15 seconds.
- Pour the contents, ice and all, into a tall glass. Top with a few fresh mint leaves for an upscale look to the finished iced coffee.
Note: For a lighter offering or non-dairy alternatives, swap out cream for milk, half & half, coconut milk, or almond milk.
With a Concordia XPress Touch paired with an ice machine, iced coffee is a breeze. For a restaurant that doesn't have a trained barista or is looking for a more automated method of producing coffee, the Xpress Touch delivers coffee-house-quality espresso beverages. With the simple touch of a button, it's simple to use with a built-in bean hopper, grinder, and brewer and provides a tasty coffee drink in less than two minutes.
CBD - The New Health Additive
CBD is a non-psychoactive component of the cannabis plant. Research suggests that it can reduce inflammation and alleviate nerve pain, back pain, MS symptoms, fibromyalgia, and other rheumatic disorders. Also thought to relieve symptoms related to anxiety and depression, it's even shown to reduce high blood pressure. With all these benefits and more being discovered regularly, it's no wonder CBD is in increasing demand. Take advantage of this with a CBD-Infused Iced Coffee.
CBD-Infused Iced Coffee
This simple recipe is perfect for use with a Concordia XPress Touch.
- Blend 1/4 cup of creamer or milk with 1 teaspoon of sugar, 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract, and 1/2 drop of CBD oil
- Combine with 1/2 cup of cold-brewed coffee from the Xpress Touch.
- Stir gently and serve
Honey and Lavender - A Tasty, Healing Pair
Honey has long been known to have potent health benefits. Science backs this up with evidence that it can serve as an antidepressant, anticonvulsant, and anti-anxiety and may even stave off memory disorders. Lavender can reduce anxiety and depression symptoms, elevate mood, and lower blood pressure. Combined, these create a beverage sure to bring joy and good health.
Iced Honey Lavender Latte
Prep a tasty, healthful honey lavender syrup in advance and the rest of this drink is a breeze to prepare.
- Combine 1-1/2 tablespoons of dried, culinary-grade lavender flowers with 1/2 cup water in a saucepan over medium heat to make a simple syrup.
- Bring to a gentle boil and reduce heat to a medium-low simmer.
- Add 1/4 cup honey and 1/4 cup sugar and stir until the sugars completely dissolve.
- Keep over the heat for 2-3 minutes after and then cool completely. Strain and store, chilled, until ready to use.
- Pour 3/4 cup oat milk into a cup and froth.
- Combine 1/4 cup espresso with 1 tablespoon syrup, then pour into the oat milk.
For a perfectly pulled espresso shot every time, consider Synesso commercial espresso machines. Cover businesses with varying amounts of output of espresso, Synesso allows your baristas to customize drinks exactly to the customer's tastes.
Interested in learning more about how different recipes and ideas can take your business to the next level? Register for our next In The Weeds event and meet our expert reps, some of the best brands in the business, and sample some great food and drinks!
Are You Ready To Be Our Next Chef?
Thank You to Our School Lunch Heroes